While looking for a way to strip out the TC info from an .srt file that I took from Youtube’s automatic captioning, I ran across this video showing a way to do it using the spreadsheet sort function. It’s a pretty handy idea and I’ll keep it in mind when attempting to do the same to other similar files, but I found a much easier way to do it for .srt files using a free program called Jubler. For reference here’s the first method using a spreadsheet:
(Here’s a link, owner does not allow embedding)
Using Jubler, just open the .srt file in the program, then save as a .txt file, that’s it!
Jubler available here: